At the top of the show, we spend some time on Chadwick Boseman’s legacy and the crushing blow that is the loss of a brilliant mind, creator, and humanitarian too soon. We’ll be inviting listeners to join us next weekend for a Black Panther watch party in celebration of Chadwick’s life – keep an eye on our social channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) for more info.
- Have you ever purchased something that seemed too good to be true via an Instagram ad? Be on the look out for Instascams!
- The Trump admin is still botching their response to COVID-19, but if you want to keep an eye on vaccine progress, you can do so here.
- The NBA has taken a stand in the wake of the shooting of Jacob Blake, and refused to play until basketball rings agreed to serve as polling places in the upcoming election.
- “sTop WItH tHe PoLItiCs aNd EntErTaIN mE” said Trump sycophants everywhere.
- A 17-year-old murderer was able to walk freely around Kenosha with his AR-15, so remember that next time you’re saying white privilege doesn’t exist, Aunt Karen.
- After years of fan campaigning, DC fans will finally see the Snyder cut of the Justice League movie, originally directed by Joss Whedon after Zach Snyder had to unexpectedly leave the project.
- When fan petitions go well (One Day At A Time, Brooklyn 99, Lucifer) and when they go bad (Game of Thrones, Star Wars).
- We’re joined by BAE guest Becky who, like many Americans, is working and schooling her children from home. We’ve gotta be honest, Becky is a super hero – listen to her inspirational story and tips for staying sane during the pandemic.
- We’ve got a variety of recommendations this week: Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1&2 for Playstation (Andrew), volunteering to phone bank, text, or write postcards for your favorite candidate or non-profit (Laura), ‘Get On Up’ (Pam), and two podcasts: Unlocking Us and The Happiness Lab (Becky).
- This week’s show is sponsored by ThirdLove (https://www.thirdlove.com/MILLENNIAL for 15% off your first purchase). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week’s installment of After Dark:
- Andrew and Laura’s continued home woes. Is there such a thing as a useful HOA? (No.)
- No one – not your realtor, HOA, or inspector is a better advocate for you than YOU.
- Laura’s been out of her home for 4 months now, and keeps getting obstacles thrown her way.