Buckle up everyone – we play Taboo Word of the Week again, and this time we slip up… a lot. 💀
- Pew Research has the latest data on dealbreakers and deal closers in potential relationships. Surprise surprise, if you voted for Trrrruuuu – Agent Orange, your pool will be more limited.
- We take a moment to acknowledge yet another example of police brutality: Jacob Blake is in intensive care following a police shooting in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
- Orange Julius isn’t having the start to his convention week that he’d probably hoped for: Steve Bannon was arrested for defrauding scared white people, Kellyanne Conway announced her departure from the White House, 89 former defense officials penned an op-ed speaking out against Tr*mp, and the New York Attorney General and Manhattan District Attorney are expanding their investigations of the Tr*mp Foundation and Organization.
- As we wait for the RNC shitshow to unfold, we look back at the highlights of last week’s DNC: strong showings from Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, complete sentences, inclusivity, THE OBAMAS.
- QAnon is the (more) unhinged, scarier version of the Tea Party. How have this fringe group managed to hijack #savethechildren and get candidates on the ballot?
- Will we ever blow out candles on a birthday cake again? NYT presents a list of “fun” things that won’t be the same after the ‘rona.
- We don’t endorse going on vacation during a pandemic, but if you do, there are three states to avoid in particular, which are experiencing the highest infection rates per capita: Texas, Georgia, and Florida.
- Some TikTokers got their power and water shut off at their Hollywood Hills mansion for continuing to party during the pandemic. Ain’t nothin’ gonna break-a my stride
Nobody gonna slow me down, oh no
- The #FreeBritney movement is deeper than you think: Britney Spears has had very limited control over her life since her very public 2008 breakdown, and some fans believe she’s been sending secret cries for help.
- This week’s recommendations are all pretty responsible, unlike this episode’s drinking game: Britney Spears’ Glory (Andrew), What did Hubble see on your birthday? (Laura), and keep wearing your sunscreen (Pam).
- This week’s episode is sponsored by Rothy’s (https://www.rothys.com/mill), (https://www.magicspoon.com/MILL to get a variety pack and enter promo code MILL at checkout to get FREE shipping), and Stamps.com (https://www.stamps.com and enter promo code MILL for a 4-week trial PLUS free postage AND a digital scale). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week’s installment of After Dark, available on Patreon:
- While this isn’t a good time for anyone’s overall savings, we’ve found there are select goods and services we’re spending less money on. What are they?
- Patrons sound off too, and Laura tries to make it into a guessing game, but it falls apart because she lost (or won, depending on how you look at it) Taboo Word of the Week.
- Pam and Laura start espousing their love for Brad Mondo and comparing at-home beauty rituals, and Andrew is already dreading editing this episode.
- What relationship-impacting disagreements have we had with friends and family who aren’t taking the pandemic seriously?