Pam and Marc are back this week, and it’s a good thing, because we have a lot of ground to cover. Welcome to the mid-season finale of 2020, where news ranges from Disney bleeping Hamilton to Trumpster Fire 2020.
- Apple’s WWDC introduces some features to help deal with your annoying friends when they blow up group messages, and Apple Watch will soon be providing a countdown when it detects hand washing happening.
- Laura and Marc are playing Last of Us 2 and ignoring the haters. Let’s kill some zombies!
- Andrew delights himself by purchasing new music beds for our show segments.
- While California is requiring everyone to wear masks in public spaces, several southern states are seeing the consequences of re-opening too soon.
- This week in Trumpster Fire 2020: Americans can turn off political ads on Facebook and Instagram (thank god), Scumbag John Bolton is not a patriot, SCOTUS decisions, and Trump’s “very sad” rally taken down by Gen Z and Kpop stans. You love to see it.
- Marc provides his insights on call-out culture and having meaningful dialogues with potential allies surrounding discussions of #BlackLivesMatter and police brutality.
- When and how is it productive to call someone out, and what is the end goal in doing so?
- This week’s recommendations are all art, baby! Hulu’s ‘Love, Victor’ (Pam and Andrew), Black Girl Unlimited by Echo Brown (Laura), and the upcoming Spiderman 2: Miles Morales for PS5 (Marc).
- Stay tuned in past the end music for a couple of bloopers!
- This week’s episode is sponsored by listeners like you. Support the show for as little as $2 per month, and gain instant access to loads of bonus content. We’re so thankful for your support!
And in this week’s installment of After Dark, available on Patreon:
- It’s time to Surprise Bitch! listener Drew, who clues us in about how the dog walking business is faring under COVID-19.
- Inspired by our Facebook group, we come clean about the common knowledge we’ve only recently discovered.
- It turns out we’re really dumb when it comes to car knowledge.
- “Whores de-vors.”