We’re back on 4/20 to ask the question… is there a light appearing at the end of this coronatunnel? Yes, but let’s not rush it, Republican Governors.
- A Confessional writer takes some heat from a well-meaning, but possibly misguided friend, and we talk about why it’s okay to feel grief about the current state of affairs.
- While San Diego Comic Con has canceled, movie theaters are plotting their plans for reopening. Given that movie theaters are nasty anyway, who among us will brave the new normal with 200 of our closest friends for 3 hours?
- In the meantime, our favorite entertainers have been taking to YouTube and Zoom to keep us sane. Check out the Disney Singalong, Together At Home, Some Good News with John Krasinski, and Frank Turner’s Live on Facebook series!
- Has everyone gotten their stimulus payments yet? Laura hasn’t, and she’s got a bone to pick with the IRS about its shitty website. And what’s with Trump’s signature in the memo field on checks?
- Speaking of Laura’s rage, her state’s governor has decided to re-open the state after just two weeks of shelter in place. We guess Brian Kemp figures people can’t vote in November if they die in May.
- We continue our BAE choice series this week by taking some of your questions about how to cope. At the end of the day, you’ve gotta do the best you can.
- How much screen time is “too much” for kids? We call BS on the demonization of kids playing on smart devices.
- We’ve got some feel-good recommendations for you this week: The new Who Wants to be a Millionaire (Andrew), Project Wren (Laura), and Bon Appetit (Pam).
- This week’s episode is sponsored by Talkspace (https://www.talkspace.com and enter code TCO for $100 off your first month) and Stamps.com (https://www.stamps.com and enter promo code MILL for a 4-week trial PLUS free postage AND a digital scale). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week’s installment of After Dark, available on Patreon:
- We’ve turned all of After Dark this week into a drinking game: no saying each others’ names, no saying “drink,” and no swearing. Trust that we fucked this up early on.
- Catherine is our latest Surprise Bitch! victim, and as a Canadian, she brings some much-needed perspective to our regional dialects conversation.
- Can this Buzzfeed quiz guess where you live based on your answers?
- You guys vs Y’all, Roly Poly vs Potato Bug – we debate the intricacies of US dialects.
- To continue our drinking game, we add a game of Categories to the mix. Catherine catches us all off-guard with her category, and hilarity ensues.