Andrew is safe and sound in Vegas (despite a near-death experience in St. Louis), and we’re back baby!
- What fate met TikTok while we were off (Can Trump really shut down TikTok?), and why are people speculating about Taylor Swift’s sexuality after listening to folklore?
- Laura and Pam are alarmed by Andrew’s thoughts (as usual).
- A confessional from someone who tried sex work prompts us to talk about jobs we’ve had or considered in the past, and Andrew identifies a pattern for Laura.
- The main theme of Trumpster Fire is negative growth… at a rate of 32.9%. What does this mean, and how is Trump trying to distract us?
- With CARES Act unemployment assistance and eviction moratoriums ending, we pivot to what this means for renters who are still suffering economically, as well as the difficulty faced by small property management operations.
- People are Google-ing about how to date and meet people during COVID – are we able to help them?
- How do we think people fake emergencies to get out of bad dates right now?
- Does 2020 have a Song of the Summer?
- This week’s recommendations are pretty predictable based on our personalities: Bringing walkie talkies with you on a multi-car road trip (Andrew), this r/nosleep strory (Laura), and the Hario Cold Brew Bottle (Pam).
- This week’s episode is sponsored by Rothy’s (https://www.rothys.com/MILL) and Anastasia Beverly Hills (https://www.anastasiabeverlyhills.com and enter promo code MILL for 15% off your first order). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week’s episode of After Dark, available on Patreon:
- It’s the MuggleSuck AMA y’all! We took Patrons’ most burning questions about growing up in the Harry Potter fandom.
- We chat about staying in touch with former hosts, Wizard Rock, and who Andrew is afraid of showing up at his house.
- The former podcast hosts: Where are they now?
- Pam spills some tea about her worst celebrity interview. Stay tuned for a photo of the encounter on Patreon!