Welcome back to #Millennial, where the adulting is pretend and the talk is real!
- Is that a new theme song we hear? And a new tagline? We’ve been hard at work putting together some fun changes for our 6th season, and we can’t wait to share them.
- Speaking of being hard at work during the winter holidays, the President opened the world up to a US-Iran military conflict, and climate change deniers are literally down to let the world burn.
- We react to Trump’s airstrike against Qassem Soleimani and discuss how this may further complicate the 2020 election. Somehow Laura keeps calling Soleimani “salami.”
- As the 9/11 generation, we clearly remember the last prolonged military conflict a Republican President lied the US into. We’re getting too old for this shit.
- Speaking of politics, Ricky Gervais called for the Hollywood elite to steer clear of the topic in their acceptance speeches during this year’s Golden Globes. It didn’t work.
- We react to the winners of the major Golden Globes categories, and spend some time pondering the awards season in general.
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A spoiler-free review.
- Andrew asks us to hold his feet to the fire when setting a particular 2020 goal.
- Our new year recommendations will make you feel good and get off to 2020 on the right foot! Write the narrative of your decade for yourself (Laura), ‘Anne With An E’ on Netflix (Pam), and Amazon’s ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ season 3 (Andrew).
- This episode is sponsored by Rothy’s (https://www.rothys.com/MILL for your new favorite pair of shoes), ThirdLove (https://www.thirdlove.com/MILLENNIAL for 15% off your first order of the perfect bra), and UnTuckIt (https://www.untuckit.com and use promo code MILL for 20% off your first order. Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week’s installment of After Dark:
- Andrew spills some tea about a certain fan site we have past connections to, and it is DE-licious.
- Pam’s got some scandalous drama that can only be shared on Patreon, prompting a discussion about not fucking with crazy.
- Laura shares a personal story about an idiot ex.
Download now (55.4 MB, 1:17:00)