What is Patreon?
Patreon is a website that allows us to post additional, bonus content in exchange for your kind donations. You solemnly vow to give us anywhere between $2 and $10 a month, and we provide additional content and benefits that makes it worthwhile.
What kind of content you get access to depends on what “tier” you subscribe to, and full details can be found below. But possibilities range from additional show segments, blooper reels, the chance to appear on the show, behind-the-scenes catastrophes, raffles, and extended interviews.
#Millennial is free, but fitting a weekly show into our packed professional lives means making sacrifices to our time. We have to stay sober at least one night a week, for instance. That’s hard. And time we would normally spend intricately piecing together collages of mirror selfies on Instagram now has to be spent actually planning coherent and compelling conversations. That’s harder. Those pictures don’t filter themselves.
The point is this: we aren’t made of time. And SPOILER ALERT for those who’ve been living under a rock the past few years: we’re kind of a big deal. We were recently contacted by a Nigerian prince interested in doing business with us. We’re straight up international.
To keep the momentum going and make sure this show is something we can afford to prioritize over other opportunities, we need cash. Cold and hard. We wish the world ran on sunshine and smiles, but we tried buying groceries with lollipop kisses and now we’re banned from Safeway in 18 states.
Here’s how it works:
- Palace Intrigue: Our Patreon is about to get a lot more personal. A couple times a month we’ll be making posts about what’s going on behind the scenes, including candid snapshots of our get-togethers, text messages, private photos, and more. This may or may not include embarrassing artifacts from our days as young Harry Potter dorks.
- Thank You: No seriously, THANK YOU. We greatly appreciate any amount you pledge! We’re also saying thanks by putting your name on our website.
- Surprise, Bitch: You can sign up to be called live during the show. This benefit is opt-in, so we’ll only call if you give us permission. If you’ve heard our show, you know that the calls end up being a lot of fun.
- Voicemail line: Want to call US whenever you want? You’ll have access to a new phone number with which you can all us!
- Monthly Bonus Audio: Want more #Millennial? You’ll receive one episode of After Darkand one episode of Hashing it Out (see below) at the beginning of every month!
- The Landy Show: Twice a month, Laura and Andrew will do a video blog in which they discuss hot topics, how good each of them look that day, and ~life~. It’s the return of vlogs, but this time they’ll have a ‘show’ feel!
- We’ll Do It Live!: Want each episode sooner? Each #Millennial will now be streamed live here on Patreon as we record. You can tune in and chat via a comments section, and we may read your feedback on air! If you can’t make our recording time, you can listen to the raw recording any time — even before it’s officially released.
- After Dark: This is our flagship benefit. Every week you’ll get exclusive access to no less than 25 minutes of additional show . This bonus segment is designed to be more laid back and more personal. We’ll discuss more news and stories, but also more personal details and ideas.
- Hashing it Out: Behind-the-scenes access to the show! You’ll get an extra audio file in which you can hear us talk to each other before we start taping every week. Oftentimes we’ll be discussing last-minute show additions and logistics, but just as often it goes completely off the rails. Most of our inside jokes happen here.
- Google Doc Access: We’ll release our recording notes before the episode is released so you can see what’s coming up in the episode ahead.
- No Breaks: Even when we take a week off from the main show during a holiday, you’ll still receive new content here on Patreon, including blooper reels and bonus segments. In other words, only Patreon subscribers will have new content to enjoy every single week of the year.
- A new physical gift every year: The t-shirt and poster are just the beginning. As a thank you for your continued support, we’ll be sending you a new physical gift for every year you’re a $10 Patron! Our next gift will be a handwritten letter from one of the four #Millennial hosts!
- Associate Producer Status: Each month you’ll suggest a story or topic you want us to discuss on air. We’ll pick at least one of the submissions from $10 supporters every week, giving you unprecedented control over each episode’s content.
Become a Patron here and start receiving these benefits immediately. And yes: you’ll also get instant access to any and all bonus content that’s already been posted in the past, so if you’re just now joining us, you’ll have a lot to keep you entertained.