What is Patreon?
Patreon is a website that allows us to post additional, bonus content in exchange for your kind donations. You solemnly vow to give us anywhere between $2 and $10 a month, and we provide additional content and benefits that makes it worthwhile.
What kind of content you get access to depends on what “tier” you subscribe to, and full details can be found below. But possibilities range from additional show segments, blooper reels, the chance to appear on the show, behind-the-scenes catastrophes, raffles, and extended interviews.
#Millennial is free, but fitting a weekly show into our packed professional lives means making sacrifices to our time. We have to stay sober at least one night a week, for instance. That’s hard. And time we would normally spend intricately piecing together collages of mirror selfies on Instagram now has to be spent actually planning coherent and compelling conversations. That’s harder. Those pictures don’t filter themselves.
The point is this: we aren’t made of time. And SPOILER ALERT for those who’ve been living under a rock the past few years: we’re kind of a big deal. We were recently contacted by a Nigerian prince interested in doing business with us. We’re straight up international.
To keep the momentum going and make sure this show is something we can afford to prioritize over other opportunities, we need cash. Cold and hard. We wish the world ran on sunshine and smiles, but we tried buying groceries with lollipop kisses and now we’re banned from Safeway in 18 states.
Here’s how it works:
- The Bonus Vlog Blog: Exclusive access to video blogs that each of the four hosts create every month. There will be rants (remember the political bitches?). There will be ridiculous thoughts. There will be feelings.
- Surprise, Bitch: You can sign up to be called live during the show. This benefit is opt-in, so we’ll only call if you give us permission. But we promise it’s fun.
- After Dark: This is our flagship benefit. Every week you’ll get exclusive access to an additional 30 minutes of show content. This bonus segment will be titled “After Dark” and is designed to be more laid back and more personal. We’ll discuss more news and stories, but also more personal details and ideas.
- Hashing it Out: Behind-the-scenes access to the show! You’ll get an extra audio file in which you can hear us talk to each other before we start taping every week. Oftentimes we’ll be discussing last-minute show additions and logistics, but just as often it goes completely off the rails. Most of our funniest inside jokes happen here.
- Google Doc Access: We’ll release our recording notes before the episode is released so you can see what’s coming up in the episode ahead.
- No Breaks: Even when we take a week off from the main show during a holiday, you’ll still receive new content here on Patreon, including blooper reels and bonus segments. In other words, only Patreon subscribers will have new content to enjoy every single week of the year.
- A Limited Edition #Millennial Shirt: You’ll receive a limited edition #Millennial shirt later this year. This shirt and its design will be cool, comfortable, and exclusive to our $10 tier supporters. It’s our way of taking our love for you to the next level.
- Associate Producer Status: Each week you’ll suggest a story or topic you want us to discuss on air. We’ll pick at least one of the submissions from $10 supporters every week, giving you unprecedented control over each episode’s content.
- Thank You: Your name will be listed at the top of our “thank you” page on the website, so we’ll get to know you reeeeeeeal well.
Become a Patron here and start receiving these benefits immediately. And yes: you’ll also get instant access to any and all bonus content that’s already been posted in the past, so if you’re just now joining us, you’ll have a lot to keep you entertained.