Well, there’s no getting around it: the world is still cray. But we’re here to talk about how we can get through it together, and try to find the positives along the way.
- In the last week: Laura tried (unsuccessfully) to buy toilet paper online, Andrew’s city of Chicago has been ordered to shelter in place, and #Millennial hosted a coffee break video stream that was open to any and all to participate.
- Things to know currently: watch your credit cards for fraud during the COVID-19 crisis, US tax deadline has been pushed to mid-July, Americans may be getting checks to ease the burden, and SOCIAL DISTANCING IS STILL IMPORTANT.
- In the midst of all this, washed-up politicians are still joining washed-up celebrities on reality TV – the latest misery we’ve been subjected to? Sarah Palin + bear costume + Baby got back.
- Apart from normalizing the likes of Sean Spicer and Rick Perry, we’ve got some gripes about realty TV giving these failed public servants airtime.
- Technology’s effect on anxiety levels is an acknowledged issue, but what about its ability to possibly help minimize anxiety symptoms?
- Apps like SuperBetter, Happify, and Headspace are great resources we’ve used to practice mindfulness and minimize negative thinking. And BrightMind is currently offering a free year of their meditation app in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- This week’s recommendations are sure to help grant some much-needed peace: “Ugly Delicious” (Pam), Animal Crossing (Laura & Andrew), and the Daniel Craig “Bond” movies (Andrew).
- This week’s episode is sponsored by Honeybook (https://www.HoneyBook.com/MILL to get 50% off), Bombas (https://www.bombas.com/MILL for 20% off your first purchase), and UnTuckit (https://www.untuckit.com and use code MILL for 20% off your first order). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week’s installment of After Dark, available on Patreon:
- We show you how to socialize distantly while playing a Jackbox games classic, Drawful!
- For instructions on setting this up, click here.
- Marc and Pat join us to up our player numbers and make things more interesting.
- One of our self portraits is a penis. Can you guess who?
- “It looks like… a puddle of puke. Or a swimming pool.”