- “In the end, we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” -Martin Luther King Jr. imparted wisdom that still speaks to us today. So let’s not stay silent.
- Charlottesville, Virginia was a repugnant display of violent racism. We try to break down what happened, why, and what the real takeaways should be.
- THERE IS NO “ALL SIDES” HERE. THERE’S THE NAZI SIDE AND THEN THERE’S THE SIDE FIGHTING THEM. FULL STOP. ZERO ROOM FOR NUANCE. GTFO.
- We want to hear from people of color and Jewish listeners, so we place some calls and get some insightful remarks.
- A new round of The Confessional lightens the mood slightly, and Andrew promises to turn over a new leaf.
And in this week’s After Dark:
- David from London writes in with his insight into last week’s conversation about women in the tech industry. There’s sexism, for sure, but it’s often misplaced.
- Associate Producer’s Choice asks us to conjure Harry Potter-themed pregnancy announcement ideas.
- Announcing: a new service that lets you go to the movies an unlimited number of times, for just $10 a month. Cue: AMC having a meltdown.